I had a blast at the 4th of July Stadiumred pool party! It was great to experience such a fun crowd and see so many people excited and interested in Velvet. I spent a few moments meeting Dina Lohan…really nice person…Very sweet and she looked great in the Velvet “Joie”. Thanks Dina and thanks Janine Just and Stadiumred for a fantastic event.- Cindy Hussey, Founder Velvet.
Love designer shoes, but can’t commit to the price? Or have a fabulous collection you would like to make a profit on? Just Soles gives you access to the hottest designer shoes from fellow fashionistas. It’s like sharing your closet with girlfriends!
As fashion lovers that believe luxury should be affordable, Velvet was proud to be one of the sponsors of the Just Soles Launch Party.
On Wednesday night, our founder, Cindy Hussey, attended The 23rd Annual Fashion Accessories Benefit Ball in Manhattan. The benefit honored two top players in the world of accessories – Nordstrom and Crimzon Rose. The purpose behind the event was to bring together all areas of the accessories industry for a night of glam, fun and recognition – while also raising money for charity. This year’s ball benefited the Wounded Warrior Project and the National Vietnam Veterans Foundation. The dining was delicious and exquisite, followed by a wonderful evening of cocktails and dancing! Looking forward already to next year’s event!
We had a great time last week at the 5th Annual Fashion & Football Draft Congratulations Gala & Runway Show at the Audi dealership in Mid-town! Hosted by NY Jet Aaron Maybin and NFL VetÃ‚Â Matthew Rice, the event brought both fashion and sports together for the night. The 2012 NFL draft party was a major success! Take a look at how fabulous host Aaron Maybin looked at the event:
While there, we met some great people and had a chance to show off some of Velvet’s latest styles in sunglasses and eyewear. Velvet connected with the lovely Meah Pace, who happened to be wearing Velvet Eyewear’s Joie sunglasses in rose crystal. They looked stunning on her!
Meah Pace is a definitely a friend to Velvet Eyewear! And doesn’t she look stunning in our Joie sunglasses? To learn more about Meah, check out her Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/meahpaceonline) and her Twitter account (https://twitter.com/#!/meahpace). We just love her!
Also, our lovely founder, Cindy Hussey, with friend Annette, rocked the red carpet! Check out pictures of Cindy looking fabulous at the event below:
Chances are that you have already attended some holiday parties since the holidays have been in full swing for the past few weeks. Perhaps you have been to a few parties that you loved and perhaps you have attended a few not-so-great parties. But have you thrown a holiday party of your own yet? If not, here are a few simple tips to make your holiday party a success this year!
- Gold is a beautiful color to utilize during the holidays. It works as a neutral along with all of your party decor, while also applying a dash of radiance.
- Don’t get too complicated. A fabulous party shouldn’t be too cluttered or overly controlled. Choose a color theme, decide what kind of food you will serve and make it simple from there on out.
- Our favorite holiday party secret? Go neutral. Use simple white dishes at your table setting. White dishes and serving ware are sweet and simple and match any and all party decorations.
- What shape are your linens in? Before setting up your tables, make sure your linens are washed and in pristine condition. No one wants to sit at a table with linen that was stained from red wine last year.
- Plan ahead and start setting up your decorations and buffet table in advance. This will give you ample time to see what you need and to identify what is and is not working.
- Make yourself a list! Avoid constant trips to and from the store by making a comprehensive list of everything that you need for your party. This will keep you organized and save you time.
- Add some sparkle to your buffet table and to the dining table. You can do this by laying some garland or sprinkling some confetti in the center of the table.
- What food and desserts are you serving at your party? Set out the right kind of serving pieces that will be convenient for your guests and will also display your food beautifully.
- Lastly, HAVE FUN! Don’t get bogged down with the stress of throwing a fabulous party. This should be fun for you AND your guests!