Q: WhatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s your idea of a perfect summer weekend outfit?Ã‚Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Liz from Austin, TX
A: The weekend is all about errands, lunch dates with friends and feeling comfortable for two days while youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re away from the office. For that reason, we love weekend outfits that are relaxed, stylist and low-key. The weekend is all about casual dressing and that is why wearing a long maxi skirt or dress is our idea of the perfect weekend outfit. A maxi dress is comfortable and breezy and can be worn anywhere from the beach to the city. This outfit can also easily transition with ease from comfortable day-wear to the perfect date-night outfit by adding a few beaded accessories, a belt and a jacket. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the take-anywhere outfit that is stylist and perfect for any summer outing!
Over the weekend I was walking down Madison Avenue and spotted these two! I had absolutely no idea who they wereÃ¢â‚¬Â¦just loved their style and the hats.
I could not resist asking them for a picture in a pair of Velvet sunglasses. They were very gracious. It was Stacey Bendet and another gal of Alice and Olivia! The Velvet Joie looks hot on her friend! Thanks Stacey and friend! You ROCK!
Summertime calls for warm weather hair accessories. A headband is the best way to tame flyaways, while also looking chic and stylish. Here are some of this seasonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s headband must-haves!
2. Style a look using the polyvore mini editor on our facebook page or create a look using Velvet Eyewear on your personal polyvore account.
3. You MUST post a link to your look on OUR facebook fan page wall.
4. Have fun! You can post up to 5 looks total for this contest.
This contest runs from 7/21 -7/29. Our favorite look will be announced on 8/1. Time is limited so get styling!
For a good way to update your wardrobe without necessarily adding to it, pair colorful articles of clothing together ÃƒÂ la color blocking. Color blocking from head to toe, from accessories to nail color, is a fresh way to add youth and fashion to your look for the rest of Summer 2011. Read moreÃ¢â‚¬Â¦.
We love staying up on the latest eyewear trends in the business. We pay close attention to current trends in eyewear fashion, new breaks in technology and opportunities for optical education. How do we manage to stay current in the optical world while being so busy? Easy. WeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve got a few websites and blogs that we follow religiously that help fill us in on all the details we need to stay on top of things around here.
1. The Spectacle Showcase: Fabulous blog with a focus on high-end, luxury eyewear and sunwear. Great place to stay up on current fashion trends, as well as celebrity sightings!
2. The Optical Vision Site: An innovative optical blog providing information about optical education, information technology and industry trends Ã¢â‚¬â€œ fast becoming one of the best resources around!
3. Eye Heart Glasses: This is a great street blog that we love to follow. They post interesting information about vintage and international eyewear. Great blog to stay current on trends!
4. Optical News Daily: This is a great go-to blog for never-ending updates on industry news, educational opportunities and tips all about eyewear and sunwear.